- Author(s):Hilary McD. Beckles
- Available from: November 2006
In this second edition, Hilary Beckles updates the text to reflect the considerable number of writings recently published on Barbados.
Send a Query×
- 1. The first Barbadians c.350-c.1627
- 2. English colonisation 1627-1650
- 3. The 'sugar and slavery' model 1644-1692
- 4. The Creole slave-based society and economy 1688-1807
- 5. Abolition, rebellion and emancipation 1807-1838
- 6. Freedom without liberties 1838-1897
- 7. Right to full freedom 1843-1876
- 8. Planter-merchant consolidation and workers' organisations 1876-1937
- 9. From colony to nation state 1937-1966
- 10. Current trends - from nation state to Caribbean single market and economy.
Latest newsAll news
02 July 2019
What is assessment for learning and what are the benefits?
Have you heard a lot about AfL but don't completely understand it? You're not alone!
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×