Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Many processes in materials science and engineering, such as the load deformation behaviour of certain structures, exhibit nonlinear characteristics. The computer simulation of such processes therefore requires a deep understanding of both the theoretical aspects of nonlinearity and the associated computational techniques. This book provides a complete set of exercises and solutions in the field of theoretical and computational nonlinear continuum mechanics and is the perfect companion to Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics for Finite Element Analysis, where the authors set out the theoretical foundations of the subject. It employs notation consistent with the theory book and serves as a great resource to students, researchers and those in industry interested in gaining confidence by practising through examples. Instructors of the subject will also find the book indispensable in aiding student learning.Read more
- Illustrative examples bring the theory to life
- Students will gain confidence through practice
- Introductory material ideal for initial postgraduate study
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: August 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107603615
- length: 136 pages
- dimensions: 227 x 150 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.2kg
- contains: 20 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Mathematical preliminaries
3. Analysis of three-dimensional truss structures
5. Stress and equilibrium
7. Large elasto-plastic deformations
8. Linearized equilibrium equations
9. Discretization and solution.
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Nonlinear finite element analysis of solid continuation
Sorry, this resource is locked