Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Its self-contained presentation and ‘do-it-yourself' approach make this the perfect guide for graduate students and researchers wishing to access recent literature in the field of nonlinear wave equations and general relativity. It introduces all of the key tools and concepts from Lorentzian geometry (metrics, null frames, deformation tensors, etc.) and provides complete elementary proofs. The author also discusses applications to topics in nonlinear equations, including null conditions and stability of Minkowski space. No previous knowledge of geometry or relativity is required.Read more
- No prerequisites - easily accessible to analysts in the field of PDEs
- Elementary proofs serve as exercises for the reader
- Provides all the necessary mathematical tools of Lorentzian geometry
Reviews & endorsements
'This book provides an excellent introduction to nonlinear wave equations, and it can be recommended to anyone who wants to access the recent mathematical literature on this subject.' Zentralblatt MATH
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2010
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521128223
- length: 130 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 7 mm
- weight: 0.19kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Metrics and frames
3. Computing with frames
4. Energy inequalities and frames
5. The good components
6. Pointwise estimates and commutations
7. Frames and curvature
8. Nonlinear equations, a priori estimates and induction
9. Applications to some quasilinear hyperbolic problems
Sorry, this resource is locked
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×