English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate
Book with Answers and Downloadable Audio
Understand and be understood in English with the best-selling English Pronunciation in Use.
This book, with over four hours of free downloadable audio, includes 60 units of explanations, examples, practice exercises and answers for intermediate level (B1-B2) learners of English. You will become confident with all areas of English pronunciation, including individual sounds, word stress, connected speech and intonation, and can practise with simple 'listen and repeat' activities, modelled with a British English accent. Inside the book is a code for the free audio, along with clear instructions for downloading from the cambridge.org website. Perfect for both self-study and classroom activities.
- 60 easy-to-use units: key pronunciation points are presented on left-hand pages with a range of exercises on facing right-hand pages.
- Audio material offers a clear model for learners to listen, repeat and practise their own pronunciation.
- Self-diagnostic tests help learners identify and focus on their own pronunciation problems.
- Additional reference section includes a learner-friendly answer key, fun exercises to practise phonemic symbols, a guide for speakers of specific languages, exercises on minimal pairs and a glossary of specialized terms.
- New unscripted recordings containing a range of accents provide students with exposure to natural English pronunciation in use.
- There is an increased focus on English as an International Language throughout the book.
- Full-colour editon with new artwork and photographs.
Also in this subject
This new edition of a highly successful pronunciation text covers all of the speech sounds of North American English, as well as spelling, intonation, and stress. Pronunciation Pairs offers a variety of exercises and activities, from very controlled minimal pair and listening discrimination tasks to dialogs, games, puzzles, and guided conversations.Authors: Ann Baker, Sharon GoldsteinEnglish Type: American English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×