A collection of powerful, unabridged stories, accompanied by activities for creative language classrooms.
Short Stories includes eleven vivid short stories written between the nineteenth century and the present day. Due to their powerful impact, these stories suggest many possibilities for creative activities in upper-intermediate and advanced level classrooms and can therefore be used to stimulate reading and fluency skills, as well as to explore literary aspects of English.
Short Stories features:
* memorable stories by a wide variety of authors from very different backgrounds, including Leonora Carrington, Alisdair Gray and Peter Carey;
* creative activities both before and after reading and between parts of the longer stories;
* a ‘Creative Development’ section at the end of each unit to extend the themes and the reader's involvement with the story;
* notes on the authors and stories, and notes for the teacher on using the material;
* an Audio CD with recordings of all the stories as well as extra material for listening activities.