- English Language Learning
- Academic English
- Study Writing 2nd Edition
A Course in Written English for Academic Purposes
Study Writing is an ideal reference book for EAP students who want to write better academic essays, projects, research articles or theses.
The book helps students at intermediate level develop their academic writing skills and strategies by:
* introducing key concepts in academic writing, such as the role of generalizations and definitions, and their application.
* exploring the use of information structures, including those used to develop and present an argument.
* familiarizing learners with the characteristics of academic genre and analysing the grammar and vocabulary associated with them.
* encouraging students to seek feedback on their own writing and analyse expert writers' texts in order to become more reflective and effective writers.
This second edition has been updated to reflect modern thinking in the teaching of writing. It includes more recent texts in the disciplines presented and takes into account new media and the growth of online resources.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Strategic Reading Level 2
Strategic Reading is a three-level series designed to develop reading, vocabulary-building, and critical-thinking skills.Authors: Jack C. Richards, Samuela Eckstut-DidierEnglish Type: American English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×