- Subject(s):Theory of Knowledge
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Wendy Heydorn, Susan Jesudason
- Available from: No date available
Written by experienced practitioners this resource for Theory of Knowledge for the IB Diploma offers comprehensive coverage of and support for the new subject guide.
Send a Query×
Decoding Theory of Knowledge (ToK) is an accessible new resource that explores Areas of Knowledge, Ways of Knowing, Personal and Shared Knowledge, the Knowledge Framework and Knowledge Questions. Written in succinct and clear language, this engaging book decodes ToK concepts and helps students develop their critical thinking skills. The book offers extensive support on the new assessment criteria for the essay and presentation. Features include explanation of key concepts to consolidate knowledge and understanding; real-life situations to engage students; practical activities to develop students’ thinking, writing and presentation skills; and top tips to provide further guidance and advice.
- Free resources
- Unit 1. Decoding Knowledge: 1. Types of knowledge and knowledge questions
- 2. Justification and evidence
- 3. Shared and personal knowledge
- Unit 2. Decoding TOK Knowledge Frameworks and Ways of Knowing: 4. Knowledge frameworks and ways of knowing
- 5. Mathematical knowledge framework
- 6. Scientific knowledge framework
- 7. Human sciences knowledge framework
- 8. History knowledge framework
- 9. Arts knowledge framework
- 10. Ethics knowledge framework
- 11. Religious knowledge framework
- 12. Indigenous knowledge framework
- Unit 3. Decoding TOK Assessment – the Essay: 13. Understanding the assessment criteria
- 14. Analysis, links and comparisons
- 15. Developing a thesis and constructing an argument
- 16. Introduction, examples and conclusion
- Unit 4. Decoding TOK Assessment – the Presentation: 17. Understanding the assessment requirements
- 18. Extracting and formulating a knowledge question from a real-life situation
- 19. Developing a successful presentation
- 20. The basics: delivery and structuring your ideas
Latest newsAll news
18 May 2020
TOK-bite video 2: teaching the new core theme 'Knowledge and the Knower'
We take a closer look at why the IB has introduced the new theme and...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×