- Format:Print/online bundle
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):David Sang, Graham Jones
- Available from: March 2020
For first examination from 2022, these resources meet the real needs of the physics classroom.
Send a Query×
Extensive research through lesson observations, teacher interviews and work with our online research community (the Cambridge Panel) means that this flexible range of resources meets the real teaching needs of the physics classroom. This workbook is designed to support the coursebook, with specially selected topics where students would benefit from further opportunities to apply skills, such as application, analysis and evaluation in addition to developing knowledge and understanding. (The workbook does not cover all topics in the Cambridge International AS & A Level Physics syllabus (9702)). This workbook with digital access is the perfect companion for the coursebook. The workbook includes formative exercises, mapped directly onto the coursebook. For each chapter, a range of exercises builds on the topics and concepts that have been introduced. It includes command terms throughout to help familiarise students with their appropriate use. Questions include a skills focus that require students to draw graphs or provide workings.
Updated to match the new syllabus for examination from 2022.
Multi-part exam-style questions offer students extensive practice in a familiar format.
Written for English as a second language learners in accessible language with key word glossaries included in the text and at the end of the workbook.
Questions include a skills focus that require students to draw graphs or provide workings.
Includes hints to support students’ understanding and comprehension.
Exercises provide support to students by increasing in complexity throughout.
Chapter introductions clearly lay-out the objectives of the chapter to guide learners.
Answers to the workbook questions are included in the digital version and the teacher’s resource.
- How to use this series
- How to use this book
- 1. Kinematics: describing motion
- 2. Accelerated motion
- 3. Dynamics: explaining motion
- 4. Forces: vectors and moments
- 5. Work, energy and power
- 6. Momentum and Newton's laws
- 7. Matter and materials
- 8. Current, potential difference and resistance
- 9. Kirchhoff's laws
- 10. Resistance and resistivity
- 11. Practical circuits
- 12. Waves
- 13. Superposition of waves
- 14. Stationary waves
- 15. Atomic structure and particle physics
- Practical skills at AS Level
- 16. Circular motion
- 17. Gravitational fields
- 18. Oscillations
- 19. Thermal physics
- 20. Ideal gases
- 21. Uniform electric fields
- 22. Coulomb's law
- 23. Capacitance
- 24. Magnetic fields and electromagnetism
- 25. Motion of charged particles
- 26. Electromagnetic induction
- 27. Alternating currents
- 28. Quantum physics
- 29. Nuclear physics
- 30. Medical imaging
- 31. Astronomy and cosmology
- Practical skills at AS Level
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×