Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The central theme of this book is a detailed exposition of the geometric technique of calculating syzygies. While this is an important tool in algebraic geometry, Jerzy Weyman has elected to write from the point of view of commutative algebra in order to avoid being tied to special cases from geometry. No prior knowledge of representation theory is assumed. Chapters on several applications are included, and numerous exercises will give the reader insight into how to apply this important method.Read more
- The first time that the results on syzygies of determinantal varieties appear in book form
- Designed for commutative algebraists and algebraic geometers
- Many exercises
Reviews & endorsements
...it is a useful reference, in particular for those advanced undergraduates and graduate university students who are considering the development of their knowledge in his branch of mathematics and or focusing their work for achieving a graduate degree in sich a new area of studies."
Medhat H. Rahim, School and Science Mathematics
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2003
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521621977
- length: 384 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 25 mm
- weight: 0.73kg
- contains: 43 b/w illus. 131 exercises
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Schur functions and Schur complexes
3. Grassmannians and flag varieties
4. Bott's theorem
5. The geometric technique
6. The determinantal varieties
7. Higher rank varieties
8. The nilpotent orbit closures
9. Resultants and discriminants.
Sorry, this resource is locked