Multiple copy pack
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
First published in 1953, this volume collects in one place a number of works by the mathematician and philosopher Alfred North Whitehead (1861–1947). The works included in this anthology were selected by F. S. C. Northrop and Mason W. Gross, who omitted only the major early works which were readily available elsewhere. For each selection, an introduction has been supplied by Dr Gross, and a glossary illuminating Whitehead's unique terminology has been appended to the end of the volume. This book will be as an indispensable resource for anyone wishing to research the enduring ideas and philosophy of A. N. Whitehead.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2012
- format: Multiple copy pack
- isbn: 9780521173520
- dimensions: 218 x 145 x 58 mm
- weight: 1.2kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. On mathematical concepts of the material world
2. The aims of education and other essays
3. An enquiry concerning the principles of natural knowledge
4. The concept of Nature
5. The principle of relativity with applications to physical science
6. Science and the modern world
7. Religion in the making
8. Symbolism, its meaning and effect
9. Process and reality: an essay in cosmology
10. Adventures of ideas
11. Modes of thought: Whitehead's terminology Mason W. Gross.
Sorry, this resource is locked