- English Language Learning
- Metodika, usavršavanje i istraživanje
- Lessons from Good Language Learners
Lessons from Good Language Learners
Other available formats:
This edited collection provides a comprehensive overview of the area of sucessful language learning strategies and reviews the literature and research on this subject to date. The book provides a reference base, addresses theoretical issues and considers pedagogical implications. It identifies gaps in our current understanding and suggests useful research initiatives and it considers how all of this relates to successful language learning by unique individuals in a variety of situations.
The book is divided into 2 sections: the first deals with learner variables and has chapters on such topics as age, culture, motivation, personality and aptitude. The second covers learning variables such as vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, reading and listening. The writers include many well-established names such as Anna Chamot, Paul Nation and Andrew Cohen as well as some of the best representatives of the new generation of applied linguists.
- Considers practical applications making it useful for both practising or trainee teachers.
- Addresses theoretical issues and suggests areas for ongoing research making it a valuable resource for researchers and students..
- Commemorates Joan Rubin's seminal article in 1975 which considered what the good language learner can teach us and contains a foreword and a chapter by Joan Rubin.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Advancing the Field of Language Assessment
Papers from TIRF Doctoral Dissertation Grantees
This volume brings together 11 TIRF-related research papers on English language assessment.Author: MaryAnn Christison
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×