- English Language Learning
- Metodika, usavršavanje i istraživanje
- Using Corpora in the Language Classroom
Using Corpora in the Language Classroom
Other available formats:
Explains and illustrates how teachers can use corpora to create classroom materials and activities to address specific class needs.
Using Corpora in the Language Classroom shows teachers how to use corpora and corpus tools to expand student learning. Together with its companion website, this teacher-friendly book demystifies corpus linguistics with clear explanations, instructions and examples. It provides the essential knowledge, tools, and skills teachers need to enable students to discover how language is really used.
Clear and concise, this volume provides:
-An overview of corpus linguistics
-Clear explanations of terminology
-Tasks and activities that invite readers to interact with the material
-Principled instructions for creating classroom materials and activities, including how to create corpora to address specific class needs.
- Encourages a student-centered approach by showing teachers how to use student-generated materials (essays and tests for example) as source material for instruction.
- Exemplifies how an inquiry-based approach leads students to discover patterns in authentic language use.
- Demonstrates how teachers can create their own corpora and how they can access and utilize publically available corpora.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Teaching Adult English Language Learners: A Practical Introduction
This new edition of Betsy Parrish's Teaching Adult ESL: A Practical Introduction, provides a comprehensive and accessible overview of teaching principles and practices for working with adult English language learners. It is a valuable guide for both novice and experienced teachersAuthor: Betsy ParrishEnglish Type: American English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×