- Subject(s):Global Perspectives
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Keely Laycock
- Available from: September 2016
Skills-focused resources to support the study of Cambridge IGCSE® and O Level Global Perspectives, for first examination in 2018.
Send a Query×
The Teacher's Resource CD-ROM offers further teaching ideas and support, drawn directly from the author’s experience of examining and teacher training for Global Perspectives throughout the world. For each chapter, the resource contains: Scheme of Work, sample lesson plans, suggested answers to activities in the coursebook, further teaching ideas and worksheets.
Written by a Global Perspectives specialist, with years of examining and teacher training experience in the subject.
Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
Suggested answers to activities in the coursebook to help save time spent on preparation.
Sample Scheme of Work and lesson plans to support you during the planning process.
Worksheets to be used in class, saving you time and encouraging an exploratory and active approach to learning.
Further guidance on assessment and teaching ideas.
- Chapter 1. Information skills: 1.01. Perspectives
- 1.02. Research
- 1.03. Analysis
- 1.04. Synthesis
- 1.05. Planning
- 1.06. Questioning
- Practising information skills
- Chapter 2. Critical thinking skills: 2.01. Reasoning
- 2.02. Evidence
- 2.03. Claims
- 2.04. Drawing conclusions
- 2.05. Bias and vested interest
- 2.06. Statements of argument - fact, opinion, prediction and value judgement
- 2.07. Problem solving
- 2.08. Empathy
- Practising critical thinking skills
- Chapter 3. Independent learning skills: 3.01. Memory
- 3.02. Note-taking
- 3.03. Reflection
- 3.04. Evaluation
- Practising independent learning skills
- Chapter 4. Collaboration skills: 4.01. Teamwork
- 4.02. Decision-making
- 4.03. Creativity
- Practising collaboration skills
- Chapter 5. Communication skills: 5.01. Reading
- 5.02. Writing
- 5.03. Listening
- 5.04. Speaking
- Practising communication skills
Latest newsAll news
02 July 2019
What is assessment for learning and what are the benefits?
Have you heard a lot about AfL but don't completely understand it? You're not alone!
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×