- Format:Print/online bundle
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Lawrie Ryan, Roger Norris
- Available from: September 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry syllabus (9701).
Send a Query×
The Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
- Coursebook: Introduction
- 1. Moles and equations
- 2. Atomic structure
- 3. Electrons in atoms
- 4. Chemical bonding
- 5. States of matter
- 6. Enthalpy changes
- 7. Redox reactions
- 8. Redox reactions
- 9. Rates of reaction
- 10. Periodicity
- 11. Group 2
- 12. Group 17
- 13. Nitrogen and sulfur
- 14. Introduction to organic chemistry
- 15. Hydrocarbons
- 16. Halogenoalkanes
- 17. Alcohols, esters and carboxylic acids
- 18. Carbonyl compounds
- P1. Practical skills 1
- 19. Lattice energy
- 19. Lattice energy
- 21. Further aspects of equilibria
- 22. Reaction kinetics
- 23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
- 24. Transition elements
- 25. Benzene and its compounds
- 26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- 27. Organic nitrogen compounds
- 28. Polymerisation
- 29. Analytical chemistry
- 30. Organic synthesis
- P2. Practical skills 2
- Appendix 1. The Periodic Table of the Elements
- Appendix 2. Selected standard electrode potentials
- Answers to check-up questions
- CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
- Advice about revision and exam preparation
- Recommended resources.
Latest newsAll news
18 February 2019
How to offer inclusive support in science lessons
Advice on how to offer differentiated support to your students.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×