- Subject(s):English Literature
- Author(s):Geoffrey Chaucer, James Winny
- Available from: No date available
The classic respected series in a stunning new design.
Send a Query×
This edition of The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale from the highly-respected Selected Tales series includes the full, complete text in the original Middle English, along with an in-depth introduction by James Winny, detailed notes and a comprehensive glossary.
The complete text of The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale in a stunning new design.
Complete with an in-depth introduction by James Winny providing historical context and aiding understanding of Chaucer’s poetic devices and literary style.
Includes detailed notes and a comprehensive glossary.
- Some notes on Chaucer's usage of Middle English
- Note on the text
- The Portrait of the Wife of Bath
- The Wife of Bath's Prologue
- The Wife of Bath's Tale
- Appendix 1: Chaucer's Ballade of Gentillesse
- Notes to Appendix 1
- Appendix 2: Theophrastus on Marriage
Advice on useful tools, activities and timetabling from teachers experiencing school closures.Read more
All our supporting resources have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for your Cambridge digital content.Find out more
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×