This book is a self-contained account of knowledge of the theory of nonlinear superposition operators: a generalization of the notion of functions. The theory developed here is applicable to operators in a wide variety of function spaces, and it is here that the modern theory diverges from classical nonlinear analysis. The purpose of this book is to collect the basic facts about the superposition operator, to present the main ideas which are useful in studying its properties and to provide a comparison of its behaviour in different function spaces. Some applications are also considered, for example to control theory and optimization. Much of the work here has only appeared before in research literature, which itself is catalogued in detail here.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2008
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521090933
- length: 320 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 18 mm
- weight: 0.47kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. The Superposition Operator in the Space S
2. The Superposition Operator in Ideal Spaces
3. The Superposition Operator in Lebesgue Spaces
4. The Superposition Operator in Orlicz Spaces
5. The Superposition Operator in Symmetric Spaces
6. The Superposition Operator in the Spaces C and BV
7. The Superposition Operator in Hölder Spaces
8. The Superposition Operator in Spaces of Smooth Functions
9. The Superposition Operator in Sobolev Spaces.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×