- Author(s):Stephen Ward, Paul Fannon
- Available from: August 2021
New 2017 Cambridge A Level Maths resources help students with learning and revision.
Send a Query×
Written for the AQA A Level Mathematics specification for first teaching from 2017, this Digital Student Book covers the content for the second year of A Level. It balances accessible exposition with a wealth of worked examples, exercises and opportunities to test and consolidate learning, providing a clear and structured pathway for progressing through the course. It is underpinned by a strong pedagogical approach, with an emphasis on skills development and the synoptic nature of the course. Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Reader app. Includes answers to aid independent study.
Written specifically for the 2017 qualifications, so teachers and learners can be confident that the content and aims of the specifications are comprehensively covered.
Frequent assessment opportunities to support the linear courses, including levelled practice questions, past paper questions, cross-topic review exercises and practice papers.
Strong pedagogical focus, with an emphasis on the important overarching skills integral to the 2017 A Level (problem solving, modelling and proof), as well as features to tackle common misconceptions.
Emphasis on developing synoptic links between pure and applied areas of maths, helping students to build a coherent mathematical understanding.
Free downloadable Schemes of Work are available on our website to assist with teacher planning.
Includes Gateway to A Level revision sheets and support for differentiation, and worked solutions to all practice questions. Final answers to all exercises are located at the back of the Student Book.
Digital Student Books are customisable and interactive, allowing students and teachers to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Reader app.
- 1. Proof and mathematical communication
- 2. Functions
- 3. Further transformations of graphs
- 4. Sequences and series
- 5. Rational functions and partial fractions
- 6. General binomial expansion
- Focus on proof 1
- Focus on problem solving 1
- Focus on modelling 1
- Cross-topic review exercise 1
- 7. Radian measure
- 8. Further trigonometry
- 9. Calculus of exponential and trigonometric functions
- 10. Further differentiation
- 11. Further integration techniques
- 12. Further applications of calculus
- 13. Differential equations
- 14. Numerical solutions of equations
- 15. Numerical integration
- 16. Applications of vectors
- Focus on proof 2
- Focus on problem-solving 2
- Focus on modelling 2
- Cross-topic review exercise 2
- 17. Projectiles
- 18. Forces in context
- 19. Moments
- Focus on proof 3
- Focus on problem-solving 3
- Focus on modelling 3
- Cross-topic review exercise 3
- 20. Conditional probability
- 21. The normal distribution
- 22. Further hypothesis testing
- Focus on proof 4
- Focus on problem-solving 4
- Focus on modelling 4
- Cross-topic review exercise 4.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×