Good Practice Polish Edition
Good Practice is a course for doctors and medical students who need to communicate with patients in English, and can be used in the classroom or for self-study.
Good Practice focuses on the language and communication skills that doctors need to make consultations more effective through a focus on five elements of good communication: verbal communication, active listening, voice management, non-verbal communication and cultural awareness. The course teaches learners how to handle a range of situations sensitively, such as taking a patient history, breaking bad news, examining a patient and describing treatment options, as well as preparing doctors for dealing with different types of patients, from children to the elderly. With reference to numerous medical communication experts, and through exposure to authentic clinical scenarios, the course demonstrates the impact of good communication on the doctor-patient relationship and enables students to become confident and effective practitioners in English. Polish edition includes a printed English-Polish glossary of medical terms used in the book. The glossary is also available online. Good Practice was shortlisted for the British Council Innovation Awards 2008.
- Includes a DVD showing authentic doctor-patient communication, which comes with supporting worksheets.
- Teaches 'patient speak' - everyday language for understanding patients and explaining things to them.
- Promotes learner-autonomy by encouraging students to monitor their own progress.
- Includes wordlists, vocabulary practice activities, photocopiable reading activities and DVD worksheets online at www.cambridge.org/elt/goodpractice
- Polish edition of the book includes a printed English-Polish of medical terms used in the book.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×