- English Language Learning
- Cambridge English Exams & IELTS
- Objective Proficiency 2nd Edition
Objective Proficiency Second edition provides official preparation for the revised 2013 Cambridge English: Proficiency exam, also known as Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Objective Proficiency second edition has been fully updated for the revised exam. Its twenty short units provide a wide range of challenging topics, and lively, stimulating exam preparation. Equally, the material presents interesting and motivating material for those studying English at C2-level for career or general purposes. The course covers all parts of the Proficiency exam in detail, providing information, advice and practice to ensure that students are fully prepared for every aspect of the exam. Informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus, Objective Proficiency includes examples and exercises which tackle typical Proficiency problem areas, making it the most authoritative Proficiency preparation course available. The accompanying software is downloadable from the website. NB. Mac users must install Adobe Air and up-to-date Java software before installation.
- Objective Proficiency second edition has been fully revised and updated to prepare students for the revised Cambridge English: Proficiency exam (launch: March 2013).
- The material has been informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus, and shows typical mistakes made by candidates in the exam.
- Authentic language examples, taken from the Cambridge International Corpus, illustrate a wide range of English usage.
- Short units to maintain students' interest, give a sense of progress, and allow flexible course use.
- 'Exam Folders' provide helpful practice and advice for each part of the exam.
- Separate 'Exam Folders' make the course suitable both for students preparing for the Proficiency exam, and for those needing C2 general English study material,
- 10 'Writing Folders' give extensive support for the writing paper tasks.
- A 'Grammar Folder', containing explanations and examples, complements the inductive approach taken in lessons.
- A Self-Study edition is available, providing answers to all the exercises, detailed explanations, highlighted tapescripts and useful cultural background information.
See it now
Get an eSample of Objective Proficiency that will allow you to view a product preview on your desktop.Free sample
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×