- English Language Learning
- Teacher Training, Development and Research
- Five-Minute Activities for Young Learners
Five-Minute Activities for Young Learners
Other available formats:
A selection of short activities designed for 6-12 year olds. Activities are organised by topic and by level to make it easy to find appropriate activities for your students.
This book contains a selection of short activities organized around six themes which reflect the content covered in young learner English exams and the curriculum in most primary mainstream classrooms: Animals, Journeys, Fantasy and adventure, The world around us, Healthy bodies, and About me.
Activities are organized by topic and by level to make it easy to find appropriate activities for students. They encourage meaningful language use and real communication appropriate to primary learners. Each activity also contains guidance and information on preparation, procedure, language focus, skills focus and thinking focus. Activities can be used flexibly in any order at any point in a teaching programme. In addition, the design of the activities allows teachers to adapt and apply the ideas to other themes.
This book is suitable for both novice and experienced teachers who need a resource of enjoyable and motivating activities for the young learner classroom.
- Organised around themes so it will complement typical young learner textbook content and relate to mainstream primary curriculums.
- Contains short five-minute activites which can be tailored to a variety of teaching environments.
- Step-by-step instructions make the book clear and easy to use in class with minimal preparation.
- Standalone activities can be used in any order and at any point in a language programme.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Tasks for Teachers of English
This book raises the issue of what a teacher needs to know about English in order to teach it effectively. It leads teachers to awareness of the language through a wide range of tasks which involve them in analysing English to discover its underlying system.Author: Scott Thornbury
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×