- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):David Sang, Graham Jones, Gurinder Chadha, Richard Woodside, Will Stark, Aidan Gill
- Available from: September 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Physics syllabus (9702).
Send a Query×
Written by highly experienced teachers and authors, the Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition provides an enriched learning experience to help develop the key skills needed for the course, including: auto-marked formative assessment quizzes at the end of each chapter that allow learners to track progress; and detailed, tailored feedback is provided for incorrect answers highlighting common misconceptions, ensuring constant learning opportunities. Carefully selected animated videos are included to aid learner's understanding of tough scientific concepts, bringing the syllabus content to life. In addition to the animations, thorough worked examples help learners tackle complex content in a step by step way. Each of our Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are device agnostic (meaning they work on Apple/Android OS (on the Elevate app) Laptop/Tablet/Desktop PC or Mac) with a reflowable format that is responsive to customers’ devices*. This format also makes the content accessible for learners with print impairment.*mobile use is unsupported. Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions are only available for Institution purchase. The price listed indicates price per license.Should you wish to apply for a Cambridge Elevate evaluation please visit this page and submit the form.Find out more about Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to prepare thoroughly for their examinations.
Formative assessment in the form of self-assessment questions throughout each chapter allow learners to track their progress through the course. Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers in every chapter to highlight common misconceptions and allow students to track their progress through the course.
Customisable text sizes and fonts.
Accompanying documents containing detailed answers to all questions in the book, advice on revision and approaching examinations and recommendations of additional resources to supplement learning are available for download in appropriate places throughout the text.
Use of accessible language written with international learners in mind.
- 1. Kinematics – describing motion
- 2. Accelerated motion
- 3. Dynamics – explaining motion
- 4. Forces – vectors and moments
- 5. Work, energy and power
- 6. Momentum
- 7. Matter and materials
- 8. Electric fields
- 9. Electric current, potential difference and resistance
- 10. Kirchhoff's laws
- 11. Resistance and resistivity
- 12. Practical circuits
- 13. Waves
- 14. Superposition of waves
- 15. Stationary waves
- 16. Radioactivity
- P1. Practical skills at AS level
- 17. Circular motion
- 18. Gravitational fields
- 19. Oscillations
- 20. Communications systems
- 21. Thermal physics
- 22. Ideal gases
- 23. Coulomb's law
- 24. Capacitance
- 25. Electronics
- 26. Magnetic fields and electromagnetism
- 27. Charged particles
- 28. Electromagnetic induction
- 29. Alternating currents
- 30. Quantum physics
- 31. Nuclear physics
- 32. Medical imaging
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1. Physical quantities and units
- Appendix 2. Data, formulae and relationships
- Appendix 3. The Periodic Table
Latest newsAll news
14 February 2020
Unlocking science for English language learners, part four
The fourth and final part of our ESL support in science series – free, downloadable...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×