- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Subject(s):Computer Science
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Sarah Lawrey, Donald Scott
- Available from: March 2016
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
This resource is written to follow the updated Cambridge IGCSE® Computer Science syllabus 0478 with examination from June and November 2016.
Send a Query×
This Cambridge Elevate edition of IGCSE® Computer Science is designed to provide up to date and comprehensive material to cover recent developments in computer science. The content has been written by experienced IGCSE teachers and computer science trainers, offering readers support on the theoretical and practical aspects of the course. It contains detailed explanations of concepts, with examples and tasks to help students consolidate their skills.
Clearly written throughout to give students confidence in understanding complex materials.
Tasks and examples allow students to check and test their knowledge of the subject.
Provides a theoretical approach to problem solving and programming.
- Part 1: Theory of Computer Science: 1. Data representation
- 2. Communication and Internet technologies
- 3. Computer architecture, languages and operating systems
- 4. Logic gates and circuits
- 5. Input devices
- 6. Sensors
- 7. Output devices
- 8. Memory, storage devices and media
- 9. Security
- 10. Ethics. Part 2: Practical Problem-solving and Programming
- 11. Problem solving and design without pseudocode
- 12. Pseudocode
- 13. Program design with pseudocode
- 14. Programming
- 15. Databases
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×