- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Hugh Neill, Douglas Quadling, Julian Gilbey
- Available from: March 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics is a revised series to ensure full syllabus coverage.
Send a Query×
This Cambridge Elevate edition coursebook meets the requirements for the Pure Mathematics 2 and 3 (P2 and P3) units of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709). Each chapter provides students with clear learning objectives, and mathematical concepts are clearly and carefully explained throughout. Worked examples take a step-by-step approach to problem solving and key results are highlighted in boxes for easy reference. Pure Mathematics 2 & 3 corresponds to units P2 and P3. It covers algebra, logarithmic and exponential functions, trigonometry, differentiation, integration, numerical solution of equations, vectors, differential equations and complex numbers.
Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage.
Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations.
Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification.
Redesigned materials to keep content engaging.
Learning objectives at the start of each chapter.
Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference.
Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving.
- 1. Polynomials
- 2. The modulus function
- 3. Exponential and logarithmic functions
- 4. Differentiating exponentials and logarithms
- 5. Trigonometry
- 6. Differentiating trigonometric functions
- Revision exercise 1
- 7. Differentiating products
- 8. Solving equations numerically
- 9. The trapezium rule
- 10. Parametric equations
- 11. Curves defined implicitly
- Revision exercise 2
- Practice exam-style papers for P2
- 12. Vectors: lines in two and three dimensions
- 13. Vectors: planes in three dimensions
- 14. The binomial expansion
- 15. Rational functions
- 16. Complex numbers
- 17. Complex numbers in polar form
- 18. Integration
- 19. Differential equations
- Revision exercise 3
- Practice exam-style papers for P3
Latest newsAll news
18 February 2019
How to offer inclusive support in science lessons
Advice on how to offer differentiated support to your students.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×