- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Subject(s):English Language
- Available from: October 2015
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
A digital only resource that supports AQA Step up to English Level Certificate levels.
Send a Query×
Written for the AQA Step up to English Entry Level 1, 2 and 3 Certificates for first teaching from September 2015, this resource is full of practical information and guidance for planning and delivering the course. Designed to be used with the Cambridge Elevate Step up to English resources, this guides teachers through choosing projects to suit their timetable and classroom needs, using Cambridge resources to co-teach in mixed-ability classrooms and assessing students’ progress towards being GCSE-ready.
Full planning support for the AQA Step up to English Entry Level Certificate, written for non-specialist teachers.
Designed specifically to support Entry Level learners, each project uses group work and active engagement to inspire students to develop a love of learning.
All documents are provided in editable format so they can be tailored to the learners’ specific needs.
Each project develops a range of skills required by the Assessment Objectives.
Projects can be chosen to fit within the time available for the course, allowing for teaching within a couple of months to over a year, while still giving confidence that all content and skills have been covered.
Includes support for combining projects from different levels of the qualification, adapting delivery to suit EAL students, to support effective differentiation in the classroom.
Also available within a Complete Bundle Pack, alongside resources for Entry Level 1, Entry Level 2, Entry Level 3 and EAL learners.
- Assessment grid
- Literacy Projects: 1. Celebrity Fact Files
- 2. The World of Work - Investigating job ads and writing and application
- 3. Planning - Planning an event for the class
- 4. Keep in Touch - Looking at text messages, letters and emails
- 5. Travel - finding information about a holiday destination
- Creative Projects: 6. Story Writing – Planning, structuring, drafting and finishing an original story
- 7. Rhythm and Rhyme - Research and compile your own poetry anthology
- 8. Travel Through Time - Travel writing from different eras
- 9. Drama - Exploring Shakespeare
- 10. Telling Stories - Comparing stories in place and time
- Workshop Projects: 11. Advertising - make your own advert
- 12. A Structured Debate - Your topic, your views
- 13. Writing the Web - Making your own web page
- 14. Storybox - Three objects that matter to you
- 15. Critical Skills Building for GCSE
Latest newsAll news
06 December 2019
The Latin of 'the man on the street': exploring unfiltered Latin through Roman graffiti
Experienced Latin teacher Bill Geiger talks about how your students can get an insight into...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×