Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Eight topics about the unit cubes are introduced within this textbook: cross sections, projections, inscribed simplices, triangulations, 0/1 polytopes, Minkowski's conjecture, Furtwangler's conjecture, and Keller's conjecture. In particular Chuanming Zong demonstrates how deep analysis like log concave measure and the Brascamp-Lieb inequality can deal with the cross section problem, how Hyperbolic Geometry helps with the triangulation problem, how group rings can deal with Minkowski's conjecture and Furtwangler's conjecture, and how Graph Theory handles Keller's conjecture.Read more
- Demonstrates how Analysis, Algebra, Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Hyperbolic Geometry, and Number Theory, can be applied to the study of unit cubes
- Eight topics about the unit cubes are introduced: cross sections, projections, inscribed simplices, triangulations, 0/1 polytopes, Minkowski's conjecture, Furtwangler's conjecture, and Keller's conjecture
- In particular the author demonstrates applications of deep analysis like log concave measure and the Brascamp-Lieb inequality
Reviews & endorsements
"Because this book is a love letter to the unity of mathematics, readers can hardly but come to share Zong's undisguised enthusiasm...Highly recommended." -- Choice
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2006
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521855358
- length: 184 pages
- dimensions: 235 x 152 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.394kg
- contains: 6 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Cross sections
3. Inscribed simplices
5. 0/1 polytopes
6. Minkowski's conjecture
7. Furtwangler's conjecture
8. Keller's conjecture
Sorry, this resource is locked
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×