- Qualification:Cambridge Pre-U
- Author(s):Mark Hennings
- Available from: June 2017
Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics offers a comprehensive resource for students to develop the thinking skills and logic required of the Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics syllabus (9794).
Send a Query×
This Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics Coursebook provides a comprehensive resource to prepare students for the high level of mathematical knowledge expected for progression through the Pre-U syllabus. The chapters have been arranged to provide logical progression through the course, and includes clear explanation of concepts, detailed worked examples and focused exercises to help practice and consolidate skills.
Detailed exposition of new mathematical concepts, followed by worked examples to help students feel confident.
Comprehensive coverage of the syllabus with extension materials marked for students to investigate concepts further.
Clearly stated learning objectives to allow students to keep track of their progress.
Inclusion of STEP questions in practice exercises with worked solutions to provide students with examples and demonstrations of this type of questioning.
- 1. Surds and indices
- 2. Coordinate geometry
- 3. Quadratics and inequalities
- 4. The Modulus Function
- 5. Polynomials
- 6. Algebraic fractions
- 7. Functions
- 8. Circles, radians and elementary trigonometry
- 9. Sequences and series
- 10. The Binomial Theorem
- 11. Differentiation
- 12. Integration
- 13. Trigonometry
- 14. Exponentials and logarithms
- 15. Further differentiation
- 16. Differentiating implicit and parametric equations
- 17. Further integration
- 18. Differential equations
- 19. Vector geometry
- 20. Complex numbers
- 21. Numerical methods
- 22. General kinematics
- 23. Force and equilibrium
- 24. Newton's Law of Motion
- 25. Linked systems
- 26. Linear momentum and impulse
- 27. The motion of projectiles
- 28. Analysis of data
- 29. Correlation and regression
- 30. Permutations and combinations
- 31. Probability
- 32. Random variables
- 33. The Normal Distribution
- 34. Problem-solving techniques
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×