- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Karen Morrison, Lucille Dunne
- Available from: August 2018
This Cambridge IGCSE® Mathematics Core and Extended series has been authored to meet the requirements of the Cambridge IGCSE® Mathematics syllabus (0580/0980), for first examination from 2020.
Send a Query×
This Extended practice book accompanies the Cambridge IGCSE® Mathematics Core and Extended Coursebook and provides students with additional practice activities focused on the skills required for the (0580/0980) syllabus. These activities are ideal as extra classroom materials, homework activities or for self-study. Answers are included at the back of the book to help students track their progress.
Additional practice exercises targeted at Extended level to help students consolidate and practise skills.
Follows the order of the coursebook to help students focus their practice.
Mixed exercises draw on a range of skills learnt to encourage students to think about the breadth of mathematics required to solve a problem.
- Unit 1
- 1. Reviewing number concepts
- 2. Making sense of algebra
- 3. Lines, angles and shapes
- 4. Collecting, organising and displaying data
- Unit 2. 5. Fractions and standard form
- 6. Equations and transforming formulae
- 7. Perimeter, area and volume
- 8. Introduction to probability
- Unit 3. 9. Sequences and sets
- 10. Straight lines and quadratic equations
- 11. Pythagoras' theorem and similar shapes
- 12. Averages and measures of speed
- Examination practice
- Unit 4. 13. Understanding measurement
- 14. Further solving of equations and inequalities
- 15. Scale drawings, bearings and trigonometry
- 16. Scatter diagrams and correlation
- Unit 5. 17
- Managing money
- 18. Curved graphs
- 19. Symmetry
- 20. Histograms and frequency distribution diagrams
- Unit 6. 21. Ratio, rate and proportion
- 22. More equations, formulae and functions
- 23. Vectors and transformations
- 24. Probability using tree diagrams and Venn diagrams
- Examination practice
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×