- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Subject(s):Business Studies
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Peter Stimpson, Alex Smith
- Available from: No date available
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
A comprehensive second edition of Business Management for the IB Diploma, revised for first teaching in 2014.
Send a Query×
Designed for both class use and independent study, this Cambridge Elevate edition of Business Management for the IB Diploma covers the assessment objectives of the IB Business Management syllabus. It includes learning objectives and summaries, integrated Theory of Knowledge material, clear IB syllabus structure, accessible English for students whose first language is not English, exam-style practice questions and a chapter on exam techniques.
Study on the go with content available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students and teachers to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Key Theory of Knowledge exercises built into the methodology, with questions and summaries aid knowledge consolidation.
Divided into distinct sections, content follows the IB syllabus structure and specifications, making it easy to navigate.
Written in clear and easy to follow English for students who are not native speakers.
Essay writing and exam guidance help students prepare for the examination.
Co-written by practising IB Business Management teachers and reviewed by academic experts in the field ensuring a trustworthy resource.
For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate enhanced editions and supported devices, please visit elevate.cambridge.org/support.
- Unit 1. Business Organisation and Environment: 1.1. Introduction to business management
- 1.2. Types of organisations
- 1.3. Organisational objectives
- 1.4. Stakeholders
- 1.5. External environment
- 1.6. Growth and evolution
- 1.7. Organisational planning tools (HL only)
- Unit 2. Human Resource Management: 2.1. Functions and evolution of human resource management
- 2.2. Organisational structure
- 2.3. Leadership and management
- 2.4. Motivation
- 2.5. Organisational (corporate) culture (HL only)
- 2.6. Industrial/employee relations (HL only)
- Unit 3. Finance and Accounts: 3.1. Sources of finance
- 3.2. Costs and revenues
- 3.3. Break-even analysis
- 3.4. Final accounts (some HL only)
- 3.5. Profitability and liquidity ratio analysis
- 3.6. Efficiency ratio analysis (HL only)
- 3.7. Cash flow
- 3.8. Investment appraisal (some HL only)
- 3.9. Budgets (HL only)
- Unit 4. Marketing: 4.1. The role of marketing
- 4.2. Marketing planning (including introduction to the four Ps)
- 4.3. Sales forecasting (HL only)
- 4.4. Market research
- 4.5. The four Ps (product, price, promotion, place)
- 4.6. The extended marketing mix of seven Ps (HL only)
- 4.7. International marketing (HL only)
- 4.8. E-commerce
- Unit 5. Operations Management: 5.1. The role of operations management
- 5.2. Production methods
- 5.3. Lean production and quality management (HL only)
- 5.4. Location
- 5.5. Production planning (HL only)
- 5.6. Research and development (HL only)
- 5.7. Crisis management and contingency planning (HL only)
- Examination Skills
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×