- Author(s):Rebecca Kitchen, David Payne, Alison Rae, Emma Rawlings Smith, John Rutter, Helen Young, John Pallister, David Payne
- Available from: No date available
A new series of bespoke, full-coverage resources developed for the AQA 2016 GCSE Geography qualification
Send a Query×
Written for the AQA GCSE Geography specification for first teaching from 2016, this print Student Book fully covers the new AQA GCSE Geography qualification. This full-colour book includes differentiated activities providing support for weaker students and stretch for more able students. Test your progress pages provide regular assessment practice and opportunities for students to check their progress, and a dedicated section on skills development helps to reinforce understanding. This Student Book also includes specially written decision-making exercises, guidance on carrying out fieldwork plus activities to help develop fieldwork skills, and a range of up-to-date UK and international case studies.
Covers the new AQA GCSE specification and assessment objectives, and has been written specifically for the new linear qualification.
Includes guidance on carrying out fieldwork plus activities using primary and secondary data to help develop fieldwork skills.
Issue evaluation spreads are included in every core section to develop analytical and decision-making skills.
Includes a range of differentiated activities, providing support for weaker students and stretch for more able students.
Includes ‘Test your progress’ pages, which provide regular assessment practice and self-assessment opportunities throughout for students to check their progress.
Provides a dedicated section on skills development and practice to reinforce understanding, with signposting to put learning into context.
Section openers provide a background and overview of key themes and learning outcomes are included at the beginning of each chapter.
Includes a range of up-to-date UK and international case studies to show concepts in context.
Includes ‘key terms’ which are highlighted for ease of learning and gathered in a glossary at the back of the book; ‘web links’ to further information online; ‘did you know boxes’ with interesting facts to relate topics to the real world and engage students; and ‘further research’ boxes with suggestions for wider reading.
An enhanced digital version and free Teacher's Resource are also available.
- Section 1. The Challenge of Natural Hazards: 1. Tectonic hazards
- 2. Weather hazards - tropical storms
- 3. Weather hazards - extreme weather in the UK
- 4. Climate change
- Section 2. The Living World: 5. Tropical rainforests
- 6. Hot deserts
- 7. Cold environments
- Section 3. Physical Landscapes in the UK: 8. Coastal landscapes in the UK
- 9. River landscapes in the UK
- 10. Glacial landscapes in the UK
- Section 4. Urban Issues and Challenges: 11. Changing urban areas
- Section 5. The changing economic world: 12. The development gap
- 13. Economic futures in the UK
- Section 6. The Challenge of Resource Management: 14. Demand on resources in the UK
- 15. Food resources
- 16. Water resources
- 17. Energy resources
- Section 7. Fieldwork and Skills: 18. Fieldwork
- 19. Skills practice
- 20. How to succeed in the exams
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 5 results
- File name
- File size
Latest newsAll news
18 May 2020
TOK-bite video 2: teaching the new core theme 'Knowledge and the Knower'
We take a closer look at why the IB has introduced the new theme and...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×