Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The geometry and analysis that is discussed in this book extends to classical results for general discrete or Lie groups, and the methods used are analytical but have little to do with what is described these days as real analysis. Most of the results described in this book have a dual formulation; they have a 'discrete version' related to a finitely generated discrete group, and a continuous version related to a Lie group. The authors chose to centre this book around Lie groups but could quite easily have pushed it in several other directions as it interacts with opetators, and probability theory, as well as with group theory. This book will serve as an excellent basis for graduate courses in Lie groups, Markov chains or potential theory.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2008
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521088015
- length: 172 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.26kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Dimensional inequalities for semigroups of operators on the Lp spaces
3. Systems of vector fields satisfying Hörmander's condition
4. The heat kernel on nilpotent Lie groups
5. Local theory for sums of squares of vector fields
6. Convolution powers on finitely generated groups
7. Convolution powers on unimodular compactly generated groups
8. The heat kernel on unimodular Lie groups
9. Sobolev inequalities on non-unimodular Lie groups
10. Geometric applications
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×