- English Language Learning
- Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary 4th Edition
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Temporarily unavailable - available from January 2022
1 Paperback, 1 CD-ROM
A fully updated edition of the best-selling Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
This paperback edition is ideal for advanced (C1-C2) learners of English and contains up-to-date vocabulary, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study. With over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, hundreds of pictures and illustrations, clear definitions and a new 'Focus on Writing' section, the dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion. The CD-ROM contains the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English. The CD-ROM is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and with Mac OSX 10.4 (32-bit only).
- Fully updated with 1,500 new words and phrases, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle; important words for academic study; important additional words and phrases from American, Indian, Australian and South African English.
- Vocabulary is correlated with the English Vocabulary Profile at sense level, showing which words students know at different levels, and allowing users to prioritize their vocabulary study.
- Learner error information shows the most common errors made by learners of English, helping learners to avoid mistakes before they make them.
- 32-page Focus on Writing section, dealing with all essential aspects of academic, formal, and informal writing.
- The CD-ROM includes the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English. Learners can also record their own pronunciation and compare it with the model, use the QUICKfind feature to look up words and hear their pronunciation when using Word or a web browser, and access interactive exercises which include real past papers from IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE and BEC examinations.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary
This new edition clearly explains the meaning and use of over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English.English Type: British English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×