- Subject(s):Computer Science
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Sylvia Langfield, Dave Duddell
- Available from: October 2016
Cambridge International AS and A Level Computer Science offers a complete set of resources to accompany the 9608 syllabus.
Send a Query×
This Teacher's Resource CD-ROM accompanies the Cambridge International AS and A Level Computer Science Coursebook. It includes answers to all extension and end-of-unit questions, ideas on how to make best use of the materials contained within the coursebook, homework tasks and additional extension activity worksheets, and a bibliography of helpful further reading.
Contains answers to all extension and end-of-unit questions posed in the coursebook.
Offers detailed support to teachers following the 9608 syllabus in order to help them get the best out of the coursebook resources.
Offers examples in three programming languages noted in the syllabus (Visual Basic, Python and Pascal/Delphi) to support all students.
- PART 1 THEORY FUNDAMENTALS
- 1. Information representation
- 2. Communication and Internet technologies
- 3. Hardware
- 4. Logic gates and logic circuits
- 5. Processor fundamentals
- 6. Assembly language programming
- 7. System software
- 8. Data security, privacy and integrity
- 9. Ethics and ownership
- 10. Database and data modelling
- PART 2 FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM-SOLVING AND PROGRAMMING SKILLS
- 11. Algorithm design and problem solving
- 12. Stepwise refinement and structure charts
- 13. Programming and data representation
- 14. Structured programming
- 15. Software development
- PART 3 ADVANCED THEORY
- 16. Data representation
- 17. Communication and Internet technologies
- 18. Boolean algebra and logic circuits
- 19. Processor and computer architecture
- 20. System software
- 21. Security
- 22. Monitoring and control systems
- PART 4 FURTHER PROBLEM-SOLVING AND PROGRAMMING SKILLS
- 23. Computational thinking and problem-solving
- 24. Algorithm design methods
- 25. Recursion
- 26. Further programming
- 27. Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- 28. Low level programming
- 29. Declarative programming
- 30. Software development
Latest newsAll news
14 February 2020
Unlocking science for English language learners, part four
The fourth and final part of our ESL support in science series – free, downloadable...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×