- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Paul Guinness
- Available from: January 2011
Two new coursebooks for the Geography for the IB Diploma syllabus.
Send a Query×
This attractive, full-colour coursebook covers the seven sections of the Higher Level Extension syllabus in Geography for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. It is written by a highly experienced author and former head of Geography at a major IB school in the UK. The coursebook explores the theme of Global Interactions and contains: key questions outlining the main issues for each topic; case studies selected from every continent; activities and geographical skills guidance; discussion points and research ideas; integrated Theory of Knowledge links; examination-style questions; definitions of key terms and useful web links.
Key questions to stimulate thought on the main issues for each sub-topic.
Case studies from around the world, providing examples for reference.
Activities and geographical skills exercises to practise techniques. Discussion points and research ideas to explore the topics further.
Theory of Knowledge links integrated into the topics. Examination-style questions on each sub-topic in the syllabus.
Definitions of key terms for easy reference in each chapter.
Useful web links for further reading and research.
- Free resources
- Section 1. Measuring Global Interactions: 1. Global participation
- 2. Global core and periphery
- Section 2. Changing Space: the Shrinking World: 3. Time–space convergence and the reduction in the friction of distance
- 4. Extension and density of networks
- Section 3. Economic Interactions and Flows: 5. Financial flows
- 6. Labour flows
- 7. Information flows
- Section 4. Environmental Change
- 8. Degradation through raw material production
- 9. The effects of transnational manufacturing and services
- 10. Transboundary pollution
- 11. Homogenisation of landscapes
- Section 5. Sociolcultural Exchanges
- 12. Cultural diffusion: the process
- 13. Consumerism and culture
- 14. Sociocultural integration
- Section 6. Political Outcomes
- 15. Loss of sovereignty
- 16. Responses
- Section 7. Global Interactions at the Local Level: 17. Globalisation and the adoption of globalisation
- 18. Local responses to globalisation
- 19. Alternatives
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×