- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Author(s):Vesna Kadelburg, Ben Woolley
- Available from: April 2018
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
New 2017 Cambridge A Level Further Maths resources to help students with learning and revision.
Send a Query×
Written for the OCR AS/A Level Further Mathematics specification for first teaching from 2017, this Cambridge Elevate edition covers the Statistics content for AS and A Level. It balances accessible exposition with a wealth of worked examples, exercises and opportunities to test and consolidate learning, providing a clear and structured pathway for progressing through the course. It is underpinned by a strong pedagogical approach, with an emphasis on skills development and the synoptic nature of the course. Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app. Includes answers to aid independent study.
Written specifically for the 2017 qualifications, so teachers and learners can be confident that the content and aims of the specifications are comprehensively covered.
Frequent assessment opportunities to support the linear courses, including levelled practice questions, past paper questions, cross-topic review exercises and practice papers.
Strong pedagogical focus, with an emphasis on the important overarching skills integral to the 2017 AS/A Level (problem solving, modelling and proof), as well as features to tackle common misconceptions.
Emphasis on developing synoptic links between pure and applied areas of maths, helping students to build a coherent mathematical understanding.
Free downloadable Schemes of Work are available on our website to assist with teacher planning.
Includes worked solutions to all practice questions, and final answers to all exercises are located at the back of the Student Book.
- 1. Counting principles and probability
- 2. Discrete random variables
- 3. Poisson distribution
- 4. Non-parametric hypothesis tests
- Focus on proof 1
- Focus on problem solving 1
- Focus on modelling 1
- Cross-topic review exercise 1
- 5. Correlation and regression
- 6. Chi-squared tests
- 7. Continuous distributions
- 8. Combining random variables
- 9. Further hypothesis tests and confidence intervals
- Focus on proof 2
- Focus on problem solving 2
- Focus on modelling 2
- Cross-topic review exercise 2
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×