Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
Originally published in 1903, this book contains a summary of the contemporary research on the theory of line-geometry. Jessop illustrates the text with many diagrams and various examples of how line theory can be applied. This book will be of particular value to anyone with an interest in the history of mathematics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2015
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107457997
- length: 382 pages
- dimensions: 220 x 152 x 25 mm
- weight: 0.4kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. System of coordinates
2. The linear complex
3. Synthesis of the linear complex
4. Systems of linear complexes
5. Ruled cubic and quartic surfaces
6. The quadratic complex
7. Special varieties of the quadratic complex
8. The cosingular complexes
9. Polar lines, points, and planes
10. Representation of a complex by points of space
11. The general equation of the second degree
12. Connexion of line-geometry with sphere-geometry
13. Connexion of line-geometry with hypergeometry
14. Congruence of lines
15. Congruences of the second order without singular curves
16. The congruence of the second order and second class
17. The general complex
18. Differential equations connected with the line complex
Miscellaneous results and exercises
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×