Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
Originally published in 1928 as number twenty-five in the Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics series, and here reissued in its 1958 reprinted form, this book deals with the physical and mathematical aspects of the symmetrical optical system. Steward's explanation is taken in part from lectures delivered to students of mathematics and physics at the University of Cambridge in the early twentieth century. This tract will be of value to anyone with an interest in the history of mathematics or physics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2015
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107493599
- length: 84 pages
- dimensions: 220 x 140 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.12kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Approximate formulae for a succession of refractions at nearly normal incidence
2. The mathematical solution of the refraction problem for a symmetrical instrument
3. The optical properties of a symmetrical instrument
4. The manner in which the optical properties of an instrument depend on its constitution
5. The equivalent thin lens
6. Reflecting instruments
7. Entrance and exit pupils
8. Chromatic defects of the image
9. The aberrations of the third order
10. Syllabus of propositions concerning the characteristic function and the focal lines of a pencil of rays of light.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×