Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Originally published in 1926, this book was written to provide mathematical and scientific students with an introduction to the subject of integral calculus. The text was largely planned around the syllabus for the Higher Certificate Examination. A short historical survey is included. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in integral calculus, mathematics and the history of education.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316612644
- length: 138 pages
- dimensions: 178 x 127 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.4kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Definitions and standard forms
2. Integration by substitution, or changing the subject of integration
3. Integration by parts
4. Rational algebraic fractions
5. Trigonometrical integrals and formulae of reduction
6. The fundamental 'inversion theorem'. Application of calculus to finding of areas
7. Further applications to geometry: sectorial areas, volumes of revolution, finding the length of a curve
8. Application to problem of finding centres of gravity
9. Further applications to mechanics. Rigid dynamics
10. Differential equations. A few types
Answers to examples.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×