Chinese arts and crafts enjoy a unique reputation in the history of material culture and civilisation. For several thousand years, crafts have echoed the rhythm of daily life in China. From rural society to the imperial court, these crafts have served a practical purpose, constantly evolving with changes in lifestyle. In this illustrated introduction Hang Jian and Guo Qiuhui discuss the colorful history and development of distinctive Chinese crafts, including ceramics, furniture, clothing and decorative arts.Read more
- An accessible introduction to China's colourful arts and crafts
- Written by a Chinese expert whose work is not widely available outside China
- Full colour illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: March 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186551
- length: 202 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.37kg
- contains: 170 colour illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. The history of traditional arts and crafts in China
8. Arts and crafts legends
9. The development of arts and crafts today
Appendix: chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×