Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Feeding the world, climate change, biodiversity, antibiotics, plastics, pandemics - the list of concerns seems endless. But what is most pressing, and what should we do first? Do we all need to become vegetarian? How can we fly in a low-carbon world? How can we take control of technology? And, given the global nature of the challenges we now face, what on Earth can any of us do, as individuals? Mike Berners-Lee has crunched the numbers and plotted a course of action that is full of hope, practical, and enjoyable. This is the big-picture perspective on the environmental and economic challenges of our day, laid out in one place, and traced through to the underlying roots - questions of how we live and think. This updated edition has new material on protests, pandemics, wildfires, investments, carbon targets and of course, on the key question: given all this, what can I do?Read more
- Updated edition of the bestselling environmental trade book
- This completely updated edition brings the reader even more handy tips on how to help combat the climate emergency and other environmental problems
- New to this edition: expanded 'What can I do?' section; Extinction Rebellion, school children marches, the role of protest; more for the business community on offsetting, carbon net zero, and investing; pandemics and COVID-19; Australian wildfires.
- Provides the big picture on environmental issues meeting the public's yearning for perspective and clarity about what is going on
- Offers a joined-up picture of how to improve humanity's existence on Earth: science, technology, economics, values, politics and more are all considered together, providing a coherent response that one discipline at a time can't give
- Provides an essential guide for everyone, from the layperson to policy makers
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2021
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108821575
- length: 336 pages
- dimensions: 197 x 129 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.36kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
What is New in this Updated Edition? Notes on Units
2. More on Climate and Environment
4. Travel and Transport
5. Growth, Money and Metrics
6. People and Work
7. Business and Technology
8. Values, Truth and Trust
9. Thinking Skills for Today's World
11. Big-Picture Summary
12. What Can I Do? Summary
Appendix: Climate Emergency Basics
Alphabetical Quick Tour
Notes on Units
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×