Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book is a rigorous, self-contained exposition of the mathematical theory for wave propagation in layered media with arbitrary amounts of intrinsic absorption. The theory, previously unpublished in book form, provides solutions for fundamental wave-propagation problems and corresponding numerical results in the context of any media with a linear response (elastic or anelastic). It provides new insights regarding the physical characteristics for two- and three-dimensional anelastic body and surface waves. The book is an excellent graduate-level textbook. It permits fundamental elastic wave propagation to be taught in the broader context of wave propagation in any media with a linear response. The book is a valuable reference text. It provides tools for solving problems in seismology, geotechnical engineering, exploration geophysics, solid mechanics, and acoustics. The numerical examples and problem sets facilitate understanding by emphasizing important aspects of both the theory and the numerical results.Read more
- Presents the fundamentals of wave propagation in the broader context of any medium with a linear response
- Includes problem sets and numerical examples to facilitate learning
- Provides the basis for development of new numerical models for applications in a range of fields
Reviews & endorsements
"The material is presented in a simple and clear way. The book can be used as a textbook in a course on wave propagation." Mathematical Reviews
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2018
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108462112
- length: 322 pages
- dimensions: 245 x 170 x 18 mm
- weight: 0.6kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. One-dimensional viscoelasticity
2. Three-dimensional viscoelasticity
3. Viscoelastic P, SI and SII waves
4. Framework for single-boundary reflection-refraction and surface-wave problems
5. General P, SI, and SII waves incident on a viscoelastic boundary
6. Numerical models for general waves reflected and refracted at viscoelastic boundaries
7. General SI, P, and SII waves incident on a viscoelastic free surface
8. Rayleigh-type surface wave on a viscoelastic half space
9. General SII waves incident on multiple layers of viscoelastic media
10. Love-type surface waves in multilayered viscoelastic media
Welcome to the resources site
Here you will find free-of-charge online materials to accompany this book. The range of materials we provide across our academic and higher education titles are an integral part of the book package whether you are a student, instructor, researcher or professional.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked