Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
These lectures contain a masterful summing up of Nicholas Kaldor's critique of the foundations of mainstream economic theory. They provide a very clear account of his theoretical structures on regional differences, primary producers and manufacturers, and on differing market structures and the likely course of prices and quantities in different markets over time. The first four lectures are concerned with theory, history and explanation; the fifth consists of a detailed set of integrated policy proposals.Read more
- Offers a masterful summing-up of Nicholas Kaldor's critique of the foundations of mainstream economic theory.
- Kaldor is one of the fathers of modern growth theory
- He is the author of one of the most controversial critiques of mainstream theory this century
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2007
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521039857
- length: 244 pages
- dimensions: 244 x 168 x 12 mm
- weight: 0.394kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. First lecture: equilibrium theory and growth theory
2. Second lecture: alternative approaches to growth theory
3. Third lecture: the problem of intersectoral balance
4. Fourth lecture: the effects of interregional and international competition
5. Fifth lecture: policy implications of the current world situation
7. Nicholas Kaldor, a biography A. P. Thirlwall
Bibliography of the works of Nicholas Kaldor Ferdinando Targetti
Bibliography of works cited
List of abbreviations
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×