An integrated, modern approach to transport phenomena for graduate students, featuring traditional and contemporary examples to demonstrate the diverse practical applications of the theory. Written in an easy to follow style, the basic principles of transport phenomena, and model building are recapped in Chapters 1 and 2 before progressing logically through more advanced topics including physicochemical principles behind transport models. Treatments of numerical, analytical, and computational solutions are presented side by side, often with sample code in MATLAB, to aid students' understanding and develop their confidence in using computational skills to solve real-world problems. Learning objectives and mathematical prerequisites at the beginning of chapters orient students to what is required in the chapter, and summaries and over 400 end-of-chapter problems help them retain the key points and check their understanding. Online supplementary material including solutions to problems for instructors, supplementary reading material, sample computer codes, and case studies complete the package.Read more
- An integrated, modern approach to transport phenomena, recapping the basic principles of transport phenomena and model building before progressing logically through the more advanced topics, including the physicochemical principles behind transport models
- Treatments of numerical, analytical, and computational solutions are presented side by side, with sample code in MATLAB, to aid students' understanding and develop their confidence in computational skills
- Traditional and modern chemical engineering examples help students understand the diverse number of areas where the theoretical concepts have practical applications and how the models are interconnected
Reviews & endorsements
"Anyone who teaches transport phenomena will treasure this book because it provides an integrated approach to help students better understand the core theories through both traditional and contemporary examples of transport phenomena problems, along with side-by-side presentations of both analytical and numerical methods and sample MATLAB codes - the long-awaited, all-in-one solution."
Roger Lo, California State University
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2014
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521762618
- length: 816 pages
- dimensions: 252 x 194 x 39 mm
- weight: 1.86kg
- contains: 229 b/w illus. 29 tables 430 exercises
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Examples of transport and system models
3. Flow kinematics
4. Forces and their representation
5. Equations of motion and Navier-Stokes equation
6. Illustration flow problems
7. Energy balance equation
8. Illustrative heat transport problems
9. Equations of mass transfer
10. Illustrative mass transfer problems
11. Analysis and solution of transient transport processes
12. Convective heat and mass transfer
13. Coupled transport problems
14. Scaling and perturbation analysis
15. More flow analysis
16. Bifurcation and stability analysis
17. Turbulent flow analysis
18. More convective heat transfer
19. Radiation heat transfer
20. More convective mass transfer
21. Mass transfer: multicomponent systems
22. Mass transport in charged systems.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×