Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Targeted at graduate students, researchers and practitioners in the field of science and engineering, this book gives a self-contained introduction to a measure-theoretic framework in laying out the definitions and basic concepts of random variables and stochastic diffusion processes. It then continues to weave into a framework of several practical tools and applications involving stochastic dynamical systems. These include tools for the numerical integration of such dynamical systems, nonlinear stochastic filtering and generalized Bayesian update theories for solving inverse problems and a new stochastic search technique for treating a broad class of non-convex optimization problems. MATLAB® codes for all the applications are uploaded on the companion website.Read more
- Applications to dynamical systems in science, engineering and recursive search algorithms are covered in depth
- Important topics including Radon-Nikodym derivatives and Girsanov theorems with emphasis on Ito diffusion processes are discussed comprehensively
- MATLAB® codes for all the applications are available on the companion website for both students and instructors
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2017
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107182646
- length: 742 pages
- dimensions: 249 x 190 x 39 mm
- weight: 1.32kg
- availability: Temporarily unavailable - available from TBC
Table of Contents
List of figures
List of tables
1. Probability theory and random variables
2. Random variables: conditioning, convergence and simulation
3. An introduction to stochastic processes
4. Stochastic calculus and diffusion processes
5. Numerical solutions to stochastic differential equations
6. Non-Linear Stochastic Filtering and Recursive Monte Carlo Estimation
7. Nonlinear filters with gain-type additive updates
8. Improved numerical solutions to SDEs by change of measure
9. Evolutionary global optimization via change of measures: A Martingale Route
10. COMBEO – a new global optimization scheme by change of measures
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×