Mechanics and Metallurgy
$46.00 ( ) USD
- William F. Hosford, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Robert M. Caddell, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book helps the engineer understand the principles of metal forming and analyze forming problems--both the mechanics of forming processes and how the properties of metals interact with the processes. In this third edition, an entire chapter has been devoted to forming limit diagrams and various aspects of stamping and another on other sheet forming operations. Sheet testing is covered in a separate chapter. Coverage of sheet metal properties has been expanded. Interesting end-of-chapter notes have been added throughout, as well as references. More than 200 end-of-chapter problems are also included.Read more
- A thorough treatment of forming limit diagrams, including stress-based diagrams
- Combines treatment of mechanics and materials, especially advanced steel and aluminium alloy sheet
- Examines effect of deformation-zone geometry on bulk processes
- Contains 205 exercises and numerous examples
Reviews & endorsements
"very good coverage of the principles of mechanical metallurgy...Recommended." - CHOICE
19th Feb 2016 by GME
It is really helpful for advanced concepts of strss, strain, plasticity, deformation and torsion.
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 4th Edition
- Date Published: March 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139005784
- contains: 384 b/w illus. 212 exercises
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Stress and strain
3. Strain hardening
4. Plastic instability
5. Temperature and strain-rate dependence
6. Work balance
7. Slab analysis and friction
8. Friction and lubrication
9. Upper-bound analysis
10. Slip-line field analysis
11. Deformation zone geometry
14. Plastic anisotropy
15. Cupping, redrawing and ironing
16. Forming limit diagrams
19. Other sheet forming operations
20. Formability tests
21. Sheet metal properties.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked