Exploratory Social Network Analysis with Pajek
$50.00 ( ) USD
- Wouter de Nooy, Universiteit van Amsterdam
- Andrej Mrvar, University of Ljubljana
- Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This is an extensively revised and expanded second edition of the successful textbook on social network analysis integrating theory, applications, and network analysis using Pajek. The main structural concepts and their applications in social research are introduced with exercises. Pajek software and data sets are available so readers can learn network analysis through application and case studies. Readers will have the knowledge, skill, and tools to apply social network analysis across the social sciences, from anthropology and sociology to business administration and history. This second edition has a new chapter on random network models, for example, scale-free and small-world networks and Monte Carlo simulation; discussion of multiple relations, islands, and matrix multiplication; new structural indices such as eigenvector centrality, degree distribution, and clustering coefficients; new visualization options that include circular layout for partitions and drawing a network geographically as a 3D surface; and using Unicode labels. This new edition also includes instructions on exporting data from Pajek to R software. It offers updated descriptions and screen shots for working with Pajek (version 2.03).Read more
- Presents hands-on experience from day one with Pajek professional computer software for network analysis and visualization
- Provides an introduction to basic concepts from network analysis as well as their application in the social sciences; network concepts are presented in the frame of social theory
- Presents a new chapter on random network models, such as scale-free networks, and Monte Carlo simulation
27th Jul 2013 by AlessandraRizzi
Very useful for social network analysisSee all reviews
27th Oct 2015 by MohammadFarzi
This is the first textbook on social network analysis integrating theory, applications, and professional software for performing network analysis Pajek
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: November 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139119627
- contains: 180 b/w illus. 28 tables 117 exercises
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Fundamentals:
1. Looking for social structure
2. Attributes and relations
Part II. Cohesion:
3. Cohesive subgroups
4. Sentiments and friendship
Part III. Brokerage:
6. Center and periphery
7. Brokers and bridges
Part IV. Ranking:
11. Genealogies and citations
Part V. Roles:
13. Random graph models
Appendix 1. Getting started with Pajek
Appendix 2. Exporting visualizations
Appendix 3. Shortcut key combinations.
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Applied Social Psychology
- Computer Vocabularies and Programming Systems
- Information, networks, and organizing
- Methods for Social Research
- Network Science
- Seminar in Political Research
- Seminar in Sociology: Social Networks
- Social Networks
- Social Statistics
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×