- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Brad Philpot
- Available from: June 2018
A dynamic and engaging course with relevant, authentic texts accompanied by creative activities.
Send a Query×
Explore the five new themes – Identities, Experiences, Human Ingenuity, Social Organisation and Sharing the Planet – with this clearly-structured coursebook. With over 50 per cent new content, lots of text handling exercises and more than 15 audio handling exercises for listening practice, this book helps students tackle the updated English B for the IB Diploma syllabus. Sample exam material, new content for SL and HL oral assessments and references to online videos provide opportunities for students to develop their skills. Answers to coursebook questions are in the teacher’s resource and audio for the listening practice is online.
More than 15 audio handling exercises so students can practise their listening skills.
As requested by teachers, a specific unit dedicated to text types and scaffolded exercises help students emulate different styles and structures (such as blog writing, news reports and speeches).
A dedicated section helps students prepare for assessment by providing sample exams, student material and audio files for the new Paper 1.
There are 15 video handling exercises with references to online videos so teachers save time looking for suitable media to bring lessons to life.
Over 30 per cent new text handling exercises that students can apply their skills to.
New captioned images for SL students and extension literature sections for HL students help both prepare for their individual oral assessment.
A popular introduction to the course outlines syllabus structure and assessment in a clear way.
- Section 1: Themes: Chapter 1: Identities: Unit 1.1 – Citizens of the world
- Unit 1.2 – Identity and belief
- Unit 1.3 – Beauty and self-esteem
- Chapter 2: Experiences: Unit 2.1 – Pilgrimage
- Unit 2.2 – Extreme sports
- Unit 2.3 – Migration
- Chapter 3: Human ingenuity: Unit 3.1 – Future humans
- Unit 3.2 – Technology and human interaction
- Unit 3.3 – Redefining art
- Chapter 4: Social organisation: Unit 4.1 – Minorities and education
- Unit 4.2 – Power to the people
- Unit 4.3 – Partners for life
- Chapter 5: Sharing the planet: Unit 5.1 – Ending poverty
- Unit 5.2 – Climate change
- Unit 5.3 – Peace and conflict
- Section 2: Text types: Chapter 6: Exploring text types: Unit 6.1 – Letter to the editor
- Unit 6.2 – Review
- Unit 6.3 – Blog
- Unit 6.4 – Speeches
- Unit 6.5 – News report
- Unit 6.6 – Brochure
- Unit 6.7 – Guidelines
- Unit 6.8 – Official report
- Section 3: Assessment: Chapter 7: Unit 7.1 – Paper 1
- Unit 7.2 – Paper 2
- Unit 7.3 – Internal assessment.
Found 2 results
- File name
- File size
- English B for the IB Diploma Audio Files.zip
- Zip Archive
Latest newsAll news
18 February 2019
How to offer inclusive support in science lessons
Advice on how to offer differentiated support to your students.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×