- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Peter Lucantoni
- Available from: October 2014
Introduction to English as a Second language is a course to prepare students studying for Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful design and offering clear, practical support for students it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each of the 18 units provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. An audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
Send a Query×
Introduction to English as a Second Language Teacher’s Book is part of the series of resources which bring students to a level where they are ready to study Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent courses. The series is written by an experienced ESL teacher and trainer. This Teacher’s Book accompanies the Introduction to English as a Second Language Coursebook and Workbook. The book includes answers to all of the exercises in the Coursebook, Top Tips to help teachers with the course, and Differentiated Activities to stretch able students while supporting those that need more help.
- Unit 1. How many planets are there in space?
- Unit 2. What's a living creature?
- Unit 3. What's a hurricane?
- Unit 4. Are there any monsters in the ocean?
- Unit 5. What's an ecosystem?
- Unit 6. Can bees scare elephants?
- Unit 7. Can penguins see under water?
- Unit 8. How hot are chilli peppers?
- Unit 9. Who was Ibn Battuta?
- Unit 10. What's the best job for a teenager?
- Unit 11. Who are the Maasai?
- Unit 12. What does a triathlete do?
- Unit 13. How much water do you use?
- Unit 14. How important is oil?
- Unit 15. How do you say 'bridge' in your language?
- Unit 16. Where are the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
- Unit 17. What impact does fashion have on teenagers?
- Unit 18. What does that sign mean?
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×