- Format:Print/online bundle
- Subject(s):First Language English
- Qualification:Cambridge Primary
- Author(s):Annie Altamirano
- Available from: June 2020
Develop your learners' skills in creative writing and writing for a purpose.
Send a Query×
Your essential companion to the course, the print and digital teacher’s resource includes everything you need to confidently lead your lessons. It contains full guidance and lesson plans, along with unit warm ups, marking criteria and ideas for giving effective feedback. Suggested plenary activities at the end of each unit give learners a chance to discuss and reflect on what they have covered. The sample and model answers for each text type help you understand what to look for in students’ writing, and differentiation ideas provide opportunities for learners at all levels.
Guidance on getting the best from the learner’s book with ’How to use this book’
Support for structuring a writing lesson and ideas to help learners reflect on and refine their writing
Easily see how the course supports your English learning with links to our Global English and Checkpoint English series
Understand how Cambridge Grammar and Writing links to the Cambridge International Lower Secondary English and Lower Secondary English as a Second Language curriculum frameworks with full mapping
Worksheets for every unit encourage learners to discuss their writing – building experience in peer reviewing and developing students’ communication skills
- Teacher Development and Background information: Writing for context, audience, meaning and purpose
- Introduction to Process Writing and Product Writing
- Introduction to the lower secondary ESL framework
- Introduction to the lower secondary FLE framework
- Framework correlations
- Overview grid of Checkpoint ESL and First Language English tests
- Teacher training in assessing ESL and First Language English writing at Checkpoint
- Providing feedback
- Unit notes: warmers
- links to further texts
- learning to learn
- ideas to publish texts
- answer keys
- graded model answers
- Back of book: Additional language activities
- Editing checklist
- Terminology glossary.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×