- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):John Etty, Philip Wadsworth, Anna Cowper
- Available from: September 2019
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
This series is for the Cambridge International AS History syllabus (9489) for examination from 2021.
Send a Query×
Providing you with practical assistance for all three coursebooks in the series, this Cambridge Elevate teacher’s resource saves you time with preparation and planning. The digital resource places an emphasis on language support by providing you with detailed advice and multiple activities you can include in your lessons to help build students’ confidence. We understand the importance of enabling your students to practise with sources, so we’ve made sure to include a wealth of activities and worksheets which will develop their skills and enhance your lessons. Includes sample answers to activities and exam-style questions. If you wish to buy this resource, we will email you a book code - please contact your sales consultant or customer services.
Your digital teacher's resource gives you plenty of materials to plan your teaching. Choose from editable Word files or PDFs for lesson plans and worksheets that you can adapt to the needs of your class.
Practical support includes academic writing activities, worksheets, and tasks focusing on key vocabulary, which help make topic-specific language easier to understand.
Advice on how to support students to make balanced arguments and reach substantiated judgements.
An emphasis on supporting source work, including guidance on teaching sources, suggested activities and worksheets to practise source analysis. Also includes all sources from the coursebooks, plus extras.
Ideas to teach every topic for either historical analysis or source analysis skills, as well as support for differentiation.
Revision handouts help students consolidate their learning.
Suggested answers to activities and exam-style questions from all three coursebooks help you mark easily and support students to understand what a good essay looks like.
Cambridge Elevate is simple to navigate and personalise - highlight text, annotate, create voice notes, or organise your table of contents.
Access your library of Cambridge books anywhere, anytime whether online or offline (via the app). For more information, please visit elevate.cambridge.org/support.
- Table of Contents
- Resource Index
- Language Skills development
- Part 1. Modern Europe, 1750-1921: 1. France, 1774-1814
- 2.The Industrial Revolution in Britain, 1750–1850
- 3. Liberalism and Nationalism in Germany, 1815–1871
- 4. The Russian Revolution, 1894-1921
- 5. Preparing for Assessment
- Part 2. The History of the USA, 1820–1941: 1. The Origins of the Civil War, 1820–1861
- 2. Civil War and Reconstruction, 1861–1877
- 3. The Gilded Age and Progressive Era, 1870s-1920
- 4. The Great Crash, The Depression and the New Deal policies, 1920-1941
- 5. Preparing for Assessment
- Part 3. International History, 1870–1945: 1. Empire and the emergence of world powers,1870 ̶ 1919
- 2. The League of Nations and international relations in the 1920s
- 3. The League of Nations and international relations in the 1930s
- 4. China and Japan, 1912–1945
- 5. Preparing for Assessment.
Latest newsAll news
14 February 2020
Unlocking science for English language learners, part four
The fourth and final part of our ESL support in science series – free, downloadable...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×