- Format:Mixed media product
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Martin Mak, Xixia Wang, Ivy Liu So Ling
- Available from: May 2020
A flexible suite of resources providing full coverage of the Cambridge IGCSE™ Mandarin syllabus (0547) for examination from 2022.
Send a Query×
With a skills-based approach and an international outlook, this coursebook with audio CDs promotes a deeper understanding of the Mandarin language and culture. Explore Chinese festivals with engaging texts, images and audio enhance the activities in the coursebook to help develop language skills. Revision sections and clear learning objectives encourage self-assessment and support students through the Cambridge IGCSE™ Mandarin course. The answers to the activities in the coursebook are provided in the teacher's resource.
Engaging activities – based on texts, images and audio – help students acquire the language skills in a practical way.
The skills-based approach and variety of activities help students to acquire language and develop communication skills beyond the scope of their examination.
Revision sections and clearly stated learning objectives promote self-assessment.
- Unit A. Everyday activities: 1. Greetings and introductions
- 2. Family and pets
- 3. Everyday life
- 4. Hobbies
- 5 Eating and drinking
- Unit B. Personal and social life: 6. Health and fitness
- 7. Home life
- 8. Clothes
- 9. Shopping
- 10. Living environment
- 11. School routine
- 12. School facilities
- Unit C. The world around us
- 13. Weather and climate
- 14. Transportation
- 15. Holidays Travel experiences
- 16. Holidays: Planning a trip
- 17. Public services and customs
- Unit D. The world of work: 18. Work experience
- 19. Applying for a job
- 20. Future education and career plans
- Unit E: International world: 21. Interviewing Chinese celebrities
- 22. Technology and social media
- 23. Chinese festivals
- 24. Learning Chinese as a foreign language
- 25. Saving the planet.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×